Crowdfunding Tools & Resources
Are you starting a crowdfunding campaign or business ? Want to learn more about how crowdfunding works ? Below is a list of tools, guides, and other crowdfunding resources to help build your project and online presence:
- Crowdfunding – Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- The Ultimate Guide to Crowdfunding by Shopify
- Stonemaier Games Blog – Detailed crowdfunding lessons and tips focused on board game projects, but a lot of great general Kickstarter information too
- CrowdCrux – Blog focused on crowdfunding advice and tips
Website Content Management Systems / Landing Page Creators
- WordPress – most popular website solution for self-hosted sites
- Tumblr.com – a simple blogging solution
- Unbounce.com – Build, publish & A/B test landing pages
- Launchrock – create a “launching” / “coming soon” page for your website or campaign, and gauge user interest beforehand
- Wix.com – simple website creator – no coding required
- GoDaddy.com – the world’s largest domain name registrar – purchase a domain name and/or hosting for your website
Analytics, Tracking, Email, & Social Media Management
- Hootsuite.com social media management app – manage and organize your social media profiles from one dashboard. Schedule content in advance and easily track everything.
- Clicky premium website analytics service – get useful, actionable data about your website’s visitors (customers, visitors, and referrers)
- Google Analytics – free website analytics service
- MailChimp.com – Email Marketing & Promotion Tool
- Google Alerts – monitor specific keywords and topics that appear in Google News and search results
- SurveyMonkey.com – create surveys and polls to collect data from users
Note-taking and Collaboration Apps
- Evernote.com – This is a project workspace for note-taking and archiving data and information. You can create “to-do” lists, store information (photos, notes, research), and annotate/organize everything.
- Google Docs – This is another collaboration service by Google. You can easily create, edit, and share documents with other people.
Platforms to Hire Freelancers for Large and Small Tasks
Tools to create visuals, charts, and infographics
Stock photos for websites and campaign materials
Photo & Image Editing Apps
Post-Crowdfunding: Selling your completed product
- Shopify.com – create a fully-hosted online store. You can easily set up payment processing along with other store features. They also provide you with many attractive designs to choose from.
- Etsy.com – an online marketplace and storefront focused on handcrafted items, art, and supplies.
- Amazon.com – the world’s largest e-commerce and product marketplace. If you are serious about selling your product, you need to consider Amazon.
- WooCommerce.com – WordPress plugin to create your own online store